The Critical Repair Program provides inspections, project management and grant-based funding for emergency repairs of major systems within owner-occupied homes in the City of Lancaster.
Repairs that are eligible:
• Furnaces and water heaters that are not currently working or have been red-tagged
• Major plumbing leaks and/or sewer back-ups
• Actively leaking roofs
• Potentially hazardous electrical issues
• Structural damage and hazards such as missing stairs
Limited funds are available and every effort is made to address the most critical needs. City staff will perform an inspection to determine eligibility and priority.
Income Limits Apply:
• Households must be at or below 80% of AMI (Area Median Income) to qualify. For a family of four, this is $76,400 or less.
After the repair is approved by City staff, an application must be submitted, along with the requested documentation. Applicants must be the owner of the property and use the property as their primary residence. They must provide proof of current homeowners insurance.
If your home is in need of a major repair as listed above, please call our team for an appointment with a knowledgeable inspector, who will also provide an application if the repair is eligible.
Please contact us in person, by phone or by email for further information or to submit your application:
City of Lancaster
Bureau of Lead Safety and Community Development
120 N. Duke Street
Lancaster PA 17602
(717) 291-4730 (Se Habla Español)